ConnectPoint specializes in IT services for the energy and industrial sectors. Using Data Science tools, the company combines Internet of Things with business processes, thereby improving the decision-making processes in segments such as the production and distribution of energy.
On 10 October, in the Opole Power Plant belonging PGE Górnictwo i Energetyka Konwencjonalna of the PGE Group, the ceremony of completing the construction of two ultramodern generating units No. 5 and 6 with a total capacity of 1800 MW took place. Thanks to the project worth near PLN 11.6 billion, the Opole Power Plant is currently in the world lead the of the cutting edge power plants and meets 8 percent of the domestic demand for electricity. The energy produced in the units is able to supply as many as 4 million households.
PGE Polska Grupa Energetyczna and PGE Energia Ciepła have signed a letter of intent with the Marshal of the Podkarpackie Voivodeship on the construction of the second process line for the Waste-to-Energy Plant in Rzeszów
During this year's 590th Congress, the authorities of PGE Polska Grupa Energetyczna, PGE Energia Ciepła and the Marshal of Podkarpackie Voivodeship, signed a Letter of Intent concerning joint actions for the construction of the second process line in the Waste to Energy Plant (WtE Plant) in Rzeszów.
- In the first half of 2019, PGE achieved EBITDA at the level of PLN 4.4 billion, i.e. by 19% larger than in the same period last year.
- In the first half of the year, PGE generated a net profit of PLN 1.8 billion, namely 36% higher than in the same period last year.
- In the first half of 2019, the Group produced 29.5 TWh of electricity and sold 28.5 PJ of heat.
- PGE achieved a 28% increase in wind energy production due to favourable weather conditions.
- Expenditures on investments in the reporting period increased by 13% y/y, up to PLN 2.5 billion. The flagship investment of the Group is being finalized, i.e. the construction of units 5 and 6 at Opole Power Plant, works are underway on the construction of unit No. 7 in Turów, as well as on the construction of three new wind farms under the name Klaster, with a total capacity of over 97 MW. The project, the completion off which is planned for the first quarter of 2020, will increase the installed capacity of PGE wind farms by 18%, up to nearly 650 MW, strengthening the Group as a market leader in renewable energy.
- PGE wants to be the leader of energy transformation in Poland. It actively develops, among others, a photovoltaic farm construction program, where Azoty Group and "Siarkopol", KGHM Polska Miedź and PKP Polskie Koleje Państwowe (Polish State Railways) are already among the partners of this project. The company plans the first significant increase in solar capacity in 2021.
Polish companies are aware of global trends in the development of renewable energy and are not going to be left behind. To this end, during the Economic Forum in Krynica, the PGE Group and the ORLEN Group signed a letter of intent on cooperation in the development of offshore wind energy. The Polish champions intend to jointly support the development of offshore wind energy, bearing in mind the positive impact of the development of this technology on the Polish economy, including maximizing the share of Polish suppliers and contractors.
PGE`s charging stations will be supplied fully with electricity from renewable energy sources
PGE Nowa Energia will be the first operator of electrical cars charging stations in Poland who will ensure a fully eco-friendly power supply for their customers. This is guaranteed by a contract signed with PGE Energia Odnawialna under which electricity in the stations belonging to the PGE Capital Group will originate completely from renewable sources.
The PGE Capital Group signed a letter of intent with Polskie Koleje Państwowe on the cooperation in the implementation of photovoltaic projects. The projects will be implemented on the land belonging to Polskie Koleje Państwowe, who with about 100 thousand hectares is one of the largest property owners in Poland.
The PGE Capital Group and KGHM Polska Miedź signed a letter of intent during the Economic Forum in Krynica, regarding cooperation in the implementation of photovoltaic projects.
PGE will publish an integrated report – a compendium of knowledge about the activities of the Group
PGE Polska Grupa Energetyczna, the largest company of Poland's energy sector has published its fourth integrated report in which it shows its activity in 2018, in a comprehensive, accessible and visually attractive manner.
PGE and Scanway analyse the possibility of the use of space technology for the study of carbon composition
PGE Capital Group strengthens cooperation with Scanway. The start-up from Wrocław has already verified the condition of wind turbines belonging to PGE Energia Odnawialna using laser technology and it plans to monitor the composition of the coal in the mines with a technology used by NASA on Mars.
PGE: the search for a contractor for gas units in the power plant near Szczecin has started
PGE Górnictwo i Energetyka Konwencjonalna, a company of the PGE Capital Group has started a tender procedure for the construction of two combined cycle gas and steam units with a combined capacity of approx. 1400 MW in the Dolna Odra Power Plant. The subject of the contract with an estimated value of about PLN 4 billion assumes the implementation of the project in a "turnkey" formula.
On 31 May 2019, unit No. 5 with a capacity of 900 MW began operating in the National Power System. PGE Górnictwo i Energetyka Konwencjonalna, a company of the PGE Capital Group has released today a Completion Certificate and has taken over unit No. 5 for use and operation. Yesterday, i.e. on 30 may 2019, PGE GiEK was granted a license to generate electricity from the unit. The takeover of unit No. 5 for operation took place before the deadline (set for 15 June 2019), included in the annex to the agreement with the General Contractor.