The market leader is placing clients and the environment at the centre of its district heating strategy
- PGE will lead environmental changes in the sector, actively supporting the battle for clean air in Polish cities.
- PGE Group is announcing its District Heating Strategy and intends to cement its position as the leading supplier of competitively priced heat.
- It plans to manage district heating networks in at least two-thirds of PGE Energia Ciepła’s existing locations by 2023 and build 1000 MW of new cogeneration capacities by 2030, including in new locations.
- A key business objective in the Strategy is to generate approx. PLN 250 million of additional EBITDA in 2023 and approx. PLN 1 billion from 2030 onwards.
- Low-emission energy sources are expected to account for 50% of PGE Energia Ciepła’s fuel mix by 2030.
- PGE will also introduce a new product and service offering tailored to client needs, utilising the innovation potential of district heating.
- The development of the district heating segment will enhance the security of district heating supplies to millions of Polish homes and will contribute to the economic development of the country.